Don't be embarrassed to question your doctor about any new prescription you are given, advises the National Council on Patient Information and Education.
The Council suggests you ask your doctor the following questions...
· What is the name of the medicine and what is it supposed to do?
· Is this a brand-name drug? Is there a suitable and less expensive generic version of the drug available?
· How and when do I take the medicine, and for how long?
· What foods, drinks, other medicines, dietary supplements or activities should I avoid while taking this medicine?
· What are the possible side effects? What should I do If they occur?
· When Should I expect the medicine to begin working?
· How will I know if it is working?
Want to Keep Reading?
Continue reading with a Health Confidential membership.
Sign up now
Already have an account? Sign in
You’ve successfully subscribed to Health Confidential
Welcome back! You’ve successfully signed in.
Great! You’ve successfully signed up.
Your link has expired
Success! Check your email for magic link to sign-in.