Mifeprex (mifepristone) can cause a tarc, fatal infection in women who use it incorrectly' More than four deaths from sepsis—an infection of the bloodstream—have been reported since 2000, when the so-called "abortion pill" went on the US market. These infections occurred in women who inserted the second course of two pills vaginally, as some clinics recommend, rather than swallowing them, as the instructions state. The Food and Drug Administration says that the pill is safe when used properly and it will stay on the market.
Want to Keep Reading?
Continue reading with a Health Confidential membership.