You have diabetes if any one of the following I test results occurs on at least two different days...
- A fasting blood glucose level of 126 mg/dL or higher.
- A two-hour oral glucose tolerance test result of 200 mg/dL or higher.
- Symptoms of diabetes combined with a random (nonfasting) blood glucose test of 200 mg/dL or higher.
Symptoms of diabetes are…
- Increased thirst.
- Frequent urination (especially at night).
- Unexplained increase in appetite.
- Erection problems.
- Blurred vision.
- Tingling or numbness in the hands and/or feet.
American Diabetes Association, www.diabetes.org.
Want to Keep Reading?
Continue reading with a Health Confidential membership.
Sign up now
Already have an account? Sign in
You’ve successfully subscribed to Health Confidential
Welcome back! You’ve successfully signed in.
Great! You’ve successfully signed up.
Your link has expired
Success! Check your email for magic link to sign-in.